BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES. FEAR THE LORD AND DEPART FROM EVIL.
(PROVERBS 3:7)


Friday, February 22, 2008

Birthday- Dina

Yesterday was my birthday. Paul, our daughter and I went out to eat at a restaurant. Then we came back home for cake and gifts. Paul wrote me a wonderful letter- expressing his thoughts and love to me. Every time my birthday is approaching, I always look forward to his letter. It is the most special gift for me. There is nothing more meaningful and touching than to know what the closest person to you thinks about you. And Paul is the most creative person I've ever known as far as expressing himself in letters is concern. I feel so blessed to have such a thoughtful and creative husband.

My oldest brother and his family from the Philippines was the very first one to call me very early in the morning to greet me. And I was greeted by most of the people who are close to me. It is a little odd though that on our birthdays, we expect people to call and greet us. And if they don't, we feel a little disappointed. I thought about those who didn't greet me. I was tempted to think that I must not be special enough for them to remember my birthday. Then I said to myself that I should focus on the fact that most of them did greet me and made me feel special.
I admit that I had a little self-esteem issue that day. The important thing is for me to make sure that I don't forget them on their special days. Well, I just can't believe how little things, like birthdays, can teach us a significant lesson and help us grow in our journey of learning how to be selfless.

It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts 20:35

No comments: