BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES. FEAR THE LORD AND DEPART FROM EVIL.
(PROVERBS 3:7)


Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Disgusting Script of Chorus Line

I can't believe someone would intentionally write a script full of profanity and using of God's name a cuss word. I'm talking about the writer of the script of the Broadway musical play called, Chorus Line. How awful it is to know that someone could actually premeditate blasphemous language and put it into writing. It's one thing to unintentionally be repulsive but it's so sickening when it is premeditated. Well, I suppose that's the reality of what is in the world today. But do we, Christians, have to sit for two hours and listen to all this vulgarism? If our motive in watching shows like this is to be exposed to the real world we are, it's lame. We are already warned of this in the Bible, we do not have to pay anything to learn what is in the world. There's a big difference between going into the world and along the way you hear vulgarity and paying your way to sit for two hours listening to actors using God's name as a cuss word. Blasphemous! That's the right word I can describe the script of the Chorus Line. Well, what can you expect to come out from a writer/choreographer/director who's known to be the first gay who died in AIDS... and Chorus line was supposed to be his memorial to all out there of his kind.

We went to the play only because of our friends, who we love. They have no idea whatsoever what kind of a play it was. They got all our front seats tickets for free and so thought it was a nice date for all of us. The music and dances were entertaining, yes.

After watching Chorus line, I learned that it is very important to read reviews and scripts ahead of the time before watching any play. I just can't stand listening to garbage. It's like eating junk food... and I try to stay away from that to the best of my ability. And yes, I would not spend money on junk food.

My only joy that night was the fact that I and my friend got to dress up for our double dates with our honeys.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

cge lamng sexy balitaw!

Deborah said...

I'm doing some blog surfing today through Laced with Grace and found your blog. I have really enjoyed my visit. I agree 100% that we don't need to pay to have language shouted at us, we get enough through real life without having to pay for it! It's like people go out of their way to use the worst language. God is not pleased with that. So, Amen Sister!

You have a beautiful family.