BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES. FEAR THE LORD AND DEPART FROM EVIL.
(PROVERBS 3:7)


Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day '08

Paul has a wonderful DAD...

And is a wonderful DAD!

It was great celebrating this year's Father's Day with Mom and Dad Martens in Winona, MN. We all went to Pleasant Valley Church in the morning. One of my favorite songs was sang at the service, He knows my name by Tommy Walker. Here is the stanza of the song that I really like...
I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

Anyway, after church, we thought we would give Dad and Paul a treat. So we went to a new grill and bar in town. We had the best sirloin steaks ever! Isabelle and I prepared gifts for her daddy and her grandpa. For her daddy, we gave him a charcoal colored dress pants and Gummi Bears gourmet candies. We also gave him a handmade card with Belle's scribble that says, "I love you, Daddy!" For her Grandpa, we gave him a handmade card and a coffee mug that says, "Actually, Grandpa knows best."


2 comments:

Aisha said...

Happy Father's Day to both of them! Really good shot of your husband and father-in-law! :) I like that song too.

Micawatson said...

hehehehe..you reminded me that song..ug atong mga kagara kaniadto..hehehe