I've learned that after the World War 2, people have started to eat at least 30 pesticides in an apple and other fruit, vegetables, other crops and even meat. It is because there has been a rush to produce more and more crops to meet the growing food demand. Farmers have resort to using a lethal cocktail of pesticides to control disease and insect attack. Because of this, the quality of food has definitely gone down.
A good friend of mine had said that she has been converting the diet of her family into completely organic for a few years now. They have seen a really big difference in their health. I have also started considering to do the same thing. But hasn't really been serious about it until this past few days when I started doing some investigations on Organic Natural Living. This is what I've learned so far...
1. Organic food is much more rich in vitamins, minerals and fibre and retains the levels of nutrients for much longer.
2. Your body will be more resistant to disease as it will have higher levels of the essential nutrients it needs to fight off infection.
3. You will have more energy through consuming lower levels of toxins and chemicals that slow your body down.
4. If you are eating dairy or farm produce then you are also eating the chemicals, drugs and growth hormones given to the animals. Organic dairy and farm produce do not have them.
5. Organic farms respect our water resources and do not leach nitrogens and other pollutants from their soil.
6. Organic food just tastes so much better!
7. The average non organic fruit contains more than 20 pesticides.
Organic produce is more expensive than non-organic. That's the only concern, really, that people have about it. But if we really think of it, we would rather want to spend more money on food than spending it at the hospital. I'm not saying that if we go organic that we won't be sick anymore, even though it is possible, but knowing that we are giving ourselves the best care available coupled with trusting God to give us good health is really liberating. The next thing I need to do is scout for cheaper organic food shops.
Giving Your Bedroom a Personal Touch
5 days ago