BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES. FEAR THE LORD AND DEPART FROM EVIL.
(PROVERBS 3:7)


Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Blurb

It was quite a weekend. We were supposed to be at 6 events/parties in two days. But that would not be possible. So we trashed 4 invites. It was time to prioritize family and meet new people. On Saturday, we drove (I was driving, actually) to Goodhue, an hour away from our place to be at a baby shower for one of the Filipino-American ladies I got to meet recently. It was super fun. I felt like I've been part of their group for a long time. I was so busy meeting and talking to them that I forgot to take pictures. My husband and daughter also felt so "in" with the group. Yesterday (Sunday), we were at the water baptism of my husband's sister-in-law and two of her children. We thought we missed the Pastor Appreciation Day at our church but we got to squeeze in a chance to meet and thank him personally right after our brunch with my husband's side of the family. The rest of the day was spent on watching football, playing boogle and watching more TV with the whole family.

2 comments:

Jan said...

what a busy weekend. nice to be going out and meet new people... but 6 events in one weekend! that's really happening! it's great to know ones priorities.

Victoria said...

That's why "No" had to become part of my vocabulary. Seems I overdosed on it though, now I can't find plans to make! =]