Paul and I have been seriously considering homeschooling our daughter. We just thought that this is the best option for us knowing how public schools in the US have become liberal over the years on issues on morality and God. Private Christian schools have become very expensive. We want the best for our daughter (and for her future brothers or sisters). I am so glad that America has offered this option to parents. FYI, the right of parents to homeschool their children is derived from both the Free Speech and Free Exercise Clauses of the First Amendment. It is wonderful that as parents, we have a constitutional right to direct the education of our child. Here is my list of reasons why we think homeschooling is the best option for us.
1. We can include the "Bible" as one of the main subjects in the curriculum.
2. Quality time. She will be with mommy and daddy more instead of spending a lot of time with classmates and homework.
3. We, her parents, are her teachers. That way, we know exactly what she is learning.
4. She will be protected from wicked ideologies.
5. She will be protected from bullies on her first few years at school, before she is able to protect herself.
6. She will be more focus on education and not on extra-curricular activities and socialization.
7. Minimized peer pressure.
8. It's much cheaper.
9. She will have time for extra-curricular activities like dance, sports and crafts without cutting a big amount of family time.
10. When we travel, she doesn't need to miss classes because we can have school wherever we are.
11. We will actually be helping the government save some money. I know that people have been complaining that the present administration is overspending. Here's the thing, homeschooling saving the government some money. If you wonder how, let me know and I will explain it to you later.