BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES. FEAR THE LORD AND DEPART FROM EVIL.
(PROVERBS 3:7)


Friday, August 1, 2008

"God is Love!"


Find more videos like this on The Emerge Network

I found this video in a social network I am a member of. When I first saw this one I was apprehensive. God is love! Yes, He is. And for that, we praise Him for loving us unconditionally and extravagantly that He could give His one and only Son as a sacrifice for our redemption. But this is only half of the Truth. The whole Truth is that God is love and He is a just judge. He punishes the sinners. I found this video rather encouraging people to say, "it is all about me." Me, me, me! WRONG! It is not about us, it is all about HIM! The story of redemption is not about us, but all about God providing us the way to be saved for His glory. His glory and not ours. As He empowers us to live a righteous life, it is not for us but for His glory. The "God is in love with me" mentality is dangerous and has produced so many spoiled brats in the church. Name-it-and-He-will-move-heaven-and-earth-to-give-it-to-you kind of thing. In so doing, we have reduced God into some kind of a boyfriend who is head over heels in love with his girlfriend and would do anything to please her. God is God. He loves us and expects us to love Him back by obeying His commandments.

No comments: