BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES. FEAR THE LORD AND DEPART FROM EVIL.
(PROVERBS 3:7)


Friday, August 1, 2008

Izzy's Spiritual Life

For the past couple months, our precious Belle flower has been displaying horrible tantrums. I've heard about TT (terrible two's) a lot and have been praying against it. But it seems like she is really going through the stage. She had a few very bad attacks recently. She would cry and scream and refuse to settle down. Then she would start yelling out her demands like we are her slaves. Paul and I have been so firm with our decision not to bribe her by offering her candies or entertain her just so she would go back to her normal sweet self. We do not want her to feel that we reward such attitude. Instead, we would give her a little lecture and a few spankings on her bottom. We make sure we show her that we are disappointed at the attitude she is displaying. The other night, she had a very bad one when I put her in her crib. She cried and screamed for an hour. That was the longest one so far. We did everything we could. And we felt hopeless. Nothing seemed to work. Until, I got up and told her, "Let's pray." I started the prayer and word for word she followed me, like we do right before her bed time every night. It was a pleasant surprise for me and Paul. Our hearts were so touched to hear her sobbing voice trying hard to pronounce the words in our prayer. I think we've found the very cure to her tantrums in prayer. We'll see about that. But... is there anything impossible with prayer?

3 comments:

Ozzy's Mom said...

This is a great story Dine! Nku Ozzy is in his TT stage too!

Sometimes we really resort to bribing just to keep him quiet (tsktsk i knw)

hehehe

I'll try praying w/ him one of these dayS!

Enjoy the weekend!

Aisha said...

I totally agree! Glad you were able to think of the best solution. :)

Micawatson said...

good job