BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES. FEAR THE LORD AND DEPART FROM EVIL.
(PROVERBS 3:7)


Friday, April 17, 2009

Blessed with Great Friendships

One of the things that I was praying for when I got here 3 and a half years ago was friends. Being thousands of miles away from the family, I was desperately needing friends- friends who would make me feel less homesick. In my heart of heart, I knew that God would answer this particular prayer and bring special people into my life. Back when I was traveling in Central Asia, God didn't fail to provide me wonderful friends each time I asked Him. So I never doubt He wouldn't give me friends in America. Today, I am so blessed with great friendships! All women in my neighborhood are my friends but two of them are very good friends. There's a Filipino group that I became a part of and I have made a lot of friendships in that group, but 5 of the ladies in the group are special... and one of the five is my bff. I have so many American friends but two of them are very close to me. I am forever grateful to God for the blessing of friendship!

I wrote about friendship because this morning when I woke up, a friend stopped by to bring me a big bowl of her home-made fish soup. I felt so loved! It's not her first time, she has been doing this at least once in a couple months for about three years now. I just feel so blessed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's really nice to have friends that you can trust and lean on when you feel sad and you need someone to talk to.Hehehe as in si Mommy nako wla na diri. But i still have many close friends (filipinoes).

janet said...

nice to have friends like that.