BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES. FEAR THE LORD AND DEPART FROM EVIL.
(PROVERBS 3:7)


Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Balikbayan Boxes

Yesterday, Isabelle and I filled two of our big balikbayan boxes for the Philippines with all kinds of fun stuff for our family and friends. We thought that someone from Forex would pick them up before lunch yesterday, so we worked hard on getting them ready for pick up. Only to find out later that nobody was available to come. Bummer. The Forex guy called and rescheduled the pick up for this morning. I got another call from him first thing this morning and he said he was outside our house and couldn't drive to our driveway because it's full of snow. My husband didn't have time to shovel or blow the snow aside because he was very busy with work. The heavy snowfall yesterday also slowed down the traffic in the main roads. Only his truck could get through our driveway. The small cars can get stuck in it. I am still examining myself why I couldn't get myself to go out and shovel... it definitely is not too hard of a job... plus, I would get a lot of exercise from it. I don't know... I can't! I just can't. But anyway, we reschedule the pick up again for tomorrow. I just hope that by the time the guy comes our driveway is cleared up with snow.

No comments: