BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES. FEAR THE LORD AND DEPART FROM EVIL.
(PROVERBS 3:7)


Monday, December 29, 2008

December Madness-Cookie Exchange


Wow! It's been like forever since I last blogged this month. My sister has been complaining about having nothing new to read in my blog. Life, for us, has been abnormal this past couple weeks. Our house has been a mess from the ongoing tiling project on our hard floors. But life has gone on... happily, celebrating the Christmas season. Two weeks ago, I participated in a cookie exchange event with the ladies from our church. My entry were my famous Oatmeal-Raisin Vanishing Cookies. I made 10 dozen of them in exchange for 10 dozens of different cookies that the ladies made. It was so much fun to collect many different kinds of cookies! Too bad I was so busy that day that I didn't even remember taking pictures of them. They were so pretty and yummy! I gave a dozen of different kinds to each of our neighbors in our circle together with the chocolate fudge I made with my friend Tricia on the first Sunday of this month.

The week before the cookie exchange event, I couldn't use my kitchen because it was being tiled. So I had to make my cookies at my friend's house, our next door neighbor. It turned out to be a wonderful time to spend with my friend from Somalia. We both stayed up until midnight to finish making the cookies. We had great conversations that included subjects about Jesus, the Bible and her Koran. It's exciting to know that we both are now comfortable talking about our different faiths. I am so thrilled to think of our friendship that is obviously being blessed by the Lord!

No comments: